Frequently asked quantum questions (FAQQ) is a wikimedia website towards answering, in a well-referenced fashion, common statements, assertions, and misconceptions about how quantum computing will effect Bitcoin along with the rest of the blockchain space.
It's put together by contributing members from the Quantum Resistant Ledger.
- Bitcoin's developers have already planned for this.
- Bitcoin will just hard/softfork
- If they can break SHA_256, we’ll upgrade to SHA_384
- But if you don’t reuse addresses, you’re safe because BTC only exposes the hash of your public key if you have never transferred BTC from that address
- Quantum computing is a long ways away, there's no need to bother
- If ECDSA will be broken, banks and the whole internet is broken. Blockchain is the least we’ll need to worry about then.
Current News Articles
- 01/2023 www.globenewswire.com: Quantum Computer With Billions of Qubits Closer After New Spin Control Method Discovered
- 01/2023 www.schneier.com: Breaking RSA with a quantum computer
- 12/2022 www.fedscoop.com: Biden signs quantum computing cybersecrity act into law
- 12/2022 www.spectgrum.ieee.org: Engineers Push Probabilistic Computers Closer to Reality -> Noisy bits might beat quantum computers
- 12/2022 www.businesswire.com: PsiQuantum Announces Breakthrough in Architectures for Error-Corrected Quantum Computing
- 11/2022 www.phys.org: New quantum computing feat is a modern twist on a 150-year-old thought experiment
- 11/2022 www.businesswire.com: 63% of Business Leaders Believe Commercialised Quantum Computing to Hit the Market in Five Years
- 11/2022 venturebeat.com: quantum computing startup launches first commercial use neutral atom machine on amazon braket
Series: Quantum resistant blockchain and cryptocurrency, the full analysis
- Laying the groundwork
- Blockchain mathematical concepts
- Quantum resistant blockchains explained
- Challenges in upgrading existing blockchains
- Challenges in upgrading existing blockchains, continued
- Why BTC is vulnerable for quantum attacks sooner than todays estimates
- Common arguments and false claims
- Quantum attacks on Bitcoin, and how to protect against them
- Quantum Resource Estimates for Computing Elliptic Curve Discrete Logarithms