Quantum computing is coming
- NISQ Era devices are on the horizon.
- Quantum computing is finally on the verge of becoming commercially useful.
- Quantum Computing is developing at a steady pace.
- It presents revolutionary opportunities for AI, chemistry, materials science, finance, and more.
- The USA, China, EU, and other nation states are investing heavily into quantum computing.
- Tech giants such as Google, IBM, Intel, Rigetti, and Microsoft are already competing for market share.
- Not all research is public.
As a byproduct of this global technological arms race, quantum computers powerful enough to break modern cryptography are expected to exist within 10-20 years, if not sooner.