Frequently asked quantum questions (FAQQ) is a wikimedia website towards answering, in a well-referenced fashion, common statements, assertions, and misconceptions about how quantum computing will effect Bitcoin along with the rest of the blockchain space.
It's put together by contributing members from the Quantum Resistant Ledger.
- Bitcoin's developers have already planned for this.
- Bitcoin will just hard/softfork
- If they can break SHA_256, we’ll upgrade to SHA_384
- But if you don’t reuse addresses, you’re safe because BTC only exposes the hash of your public key if you have never transferred BTC from that address
- Quantum computing is a long ways away, there's no need to bother
- If ECDSA will be broken, banks and the whole internet is broken. Blockchain is the least we’ll need to worry about then.
Current News Articles
- 05/2022 the quantum insider: ambitius timeline for silicon / spin qubits for a quantum computer
- 05/2022 the white house: President biden announces two presidential directives advancing quantum technologies
- 05/2022 scitechdaily: developing better quantum algorithms and materials
- 04/2022 theregister: intel is able to mass produce silion qubit devices
- 04/2022 scitechdaily: giant leap toward fully quantum internet
- 04/2022 techrepublic: Quantum computing ecosystem expands in all directions
- 03/2022 tom´s Hardware: 1 million qbits by 2024
- 03/2022 scitechdaily: Fault Tolerant Quantum Computation in silicon spin qbits
- 03/2022 Venturebeat: Nato and The White house recognize the quantum computer threat to encryption
Series: Quantum resistant blockchain and cryptocurrency, the full analysis
- Laying the groundwork
- Blockchain mathematical concepts
- Quantum resistant blockchains explained
- Challenges in upgrading existing blockchains
- Challenges in upgrading existing blockchains, continued
- Why BTC is vulnerable for quantum attacks sooner than todays estimates
- Common arguments and false claims
- Quantum attacks on Bitcoin, and how to protect against them
- Quantum Resource Estimates for Computing Elliptic Curve Discrete Logarithms